Skip to main content

why I never learnt to knot a tie.

Hi, my name is Armstrong Adams, and I'm a 23-year-old African male who is currently single and hasn't yet experienced intimacy or romantic encounters. It may sound unusual, considering that I am considered attractive both facially and physically, thanks to my regular visits to the gym, skin care routine and other self-improvement stuff. However, despite these attributes, there's one skill I never quite acquired—tying a necktie. You see, during my upbringing, my father emphasized the importance of wearing ties as a symbol of sophistication. Strangely enough, I deliberately avoided learning how to tie a tie, either by closing my eyes or distracting my mind whenever my dad, mom, or elder sister tried to teach me. The reason behind my peculiar behavior stems from my fondness for romantic movies. I was captivated by the scenes where a man is preparing for work, and his partner lovingly assists him in knotting his tie. Admittedly, it might seem like a silly reason, but it's t

our generation misunderstands the point of a relationship


I want to start this post by saying that relationships are okay because, after all, we humans are wired to crave finding a soulmate or our other halves and walking this journey called life with them. In this social media age, we are exposed to a lot of content, some of which we find agreeable and others with which we disagree. Specifically, when talking about relationships, we often draw understanding from celebrities, movies, and various other sources.

Now, let's address the question that prompted me to write this post: "What's the point of a relationship?" I'd like to discuss the reasons most people enter into relationships which are wrong, and relationship can be damaged by these motive's. Then, I'll share what I think should be the reason for starting a relationship.

  1. Physical attraction (sex): This is the primary reason people pursue relationships these days. As humans, we have a chemical reaction in our brains that makes it difficult to resist the desire for physical intimacy. It's true that physical attraction should be a factor in selecting a partner, but I don't believe it should be the main reason or purpose of a relationship. After all, there will always be someone more attractive, and encountering such a person can lead to issues like cheating on your partner.

  2. Material benefits (money): Another common motivation is what one stands to gain materially. For example, if someone buys you the latest phone or jewelry, you might think being in a relationship with them would lead to more of these gifts. While gifts are nice, if they were to stop coming, it would mean there's no other reason to remain in that relationship.

There are, of course, many other reasons people enter into relationships, but I don't want this post to become too long. However, it's worth noting that the dynamic often involves men providing material things while women provide sex. It's a strange exchange. Whatever happened to love? Maybe I'm being childish by still believing in such notions, especially as a 23-year-old male. Or perhaps I've watched one too many romance movies like #titanic #pompeii #mebeforeyou — I actually have a folder dedicated to them on my hard drive.

I believe a relationship is all about filling each other's spaces, to grow and work on each other's flaws, and to become one in marriage, not for money, sex, or passing time as a matter-of-fact relationship without sex can survive but a relationship without trust and relationship without communication cannot survive in my own opinion that is, I would also like to point out that relationship and marriage are meant to work hand in hand, you shouldn't be in a relationship with someone you wouldn't marry.. Gradually, I'm starting to see that I may be a dreamer, and in this day and age, finding genuine love is as elusive as encountering an alien. Well, the joke's on me. ✌️😂 Ha.

RELATIONSHIP VS SITUATIONSHIP.

 Relationships take various forms but romantic partnership is when two people have an emotional and sometimes sexual connection and the key components in this type of relationship is love, intimacy, affection and attraction while Situationship is similar to relationship but there is usually no foreseeable future between both parties involved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can STI come from oral sex.

  While many people are aware of the risks associated with unprotected vaginal and anal sex, there is often confusion surrounding the transmission of STIs through oral sex. In this blog post, we will explore the question that many people don't have an answer to: Can STIs pass through oral sex? And can STIs come from oral sex? Simply put, yes, STIs can be transmitted through oral sex. Here's a mind-blowing fact: STIs can also be transmitted to the male receiving oral sex. However, this depends on the specific STI in question. Firstly, let's discuss the difference between STIs and STDs because people often wonder why STI instead of STD. They essentially refer to the same thing. The only difference lies in the terminology and the fact that a sexually transmitted infection, if left untreated, can develop into a sexually transmitted disease. STIs include chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, genital herpes, etc. The mode of transmission can vary based on the specific sexually transmi